Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Minimalist on fitness


   The minimalist approach to strength training
    In regards to time management and minimal equipment I want to introduce what I think is the most effective use of time when training your body that can result in strength increase, better breathing, and awareness of the energy. This is using isometric and calisthenics with the primary goal off having a high volume of time under tension with sets and reps. All the while increasing stabilizer muscles, improving balance, and endurance.

   Time under tension is where the majic is in regards to building strength. Holding positions recruits more motor units and begins to form new nueropathways as you continue to adapt, you will use more muscle fibers and aid to the strengthing of tendons and ligaments.

   I always start any work out with a warm up of mostly dynamic movement to engage multiple muscle recruitment and experience a full range of motion for all the joints. I include breath and energy work.

  Making the most of what you have where you are in the moment. Finding a rock or tree limb if you are out doors. My favorite way to do this is on a hike find a spot and do a few circuits. The continued adapting is part of the training and can only be skilled through experience. Warriors adapt and find the strength while letting no disaster go to waste.

  My work outs are influenced by yoga, qi qoung, kung fu, muay thai, and awareness of energy.  I use complex and primal movements to link your mind and connect with your spirit animal.  I don't except most others do that. There is a strong mind and body connection with all martial arts, and yoga. This is another key feature of minimal work out I find conditioning the mind in stillness.

  I will start posting one or 2 all body circuits you can do to get full muscle fiber activation each week. Plus what to do with just a rope, a cinder block, or a shovel. I am open to the challenge of using any object to benefit my strength.





 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment